6.16.2014

The Fangirl Dictionary

           

           Hi guys! Sorry that I didn't post these past few days, but it's because I had a lot of projects and stuff for school to do. Speaking of projects, last week I had my English final book project. I had to choose a book and present it, answering some question that the teacher gave us and I had to make a representation, something that could represent the book.
           The book that I choose was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (I love this book! *.*) and for my representation I made a poster and I kind of made the layout as a website. The website that Cath (the main character) posts fanfiction. And I made a post about Fangirl words and its definitions. Kind of like this:


Fangirl / Fanboy: A female or male fan, especially one who is obsessive about comics, film, music, or science fiction.

Fandom: The community that surrounds a tv show/movie/book etc.

Fangirling: The reaction a fangirl has to any mention or sighting of the object of her "affection".

 Fanfiction: Fiction written by a fan of, and featuring characters from, a particular TV series, film, book, etc.

Fanfic/Fic: Abbreviation of Fanfiction.

Fanart: Art of any form, usually electronic or drawn free hand, that uses characters or settings from a popular television show, novel, cartoon, anime, or movie as the subject.

OTP: One True Pairing. Meaning the your favorite combination of characters in a fandom.

Ship/Shipping/Shipped: Support or have a particular interest in a romantic pairing between two characters in a fictional series.

Canon: Another word for official. Used quite often in fan fiction to differentiate between the official storyline in which the fan fiction is based on.

Bromance: A close but non-sexual relationship between two men.

The Feels: When you are overcome by a feeling that is to special to explain.

I can’t even…: But is often used when something is either too funny, scary, cute, to have a good reaction too.

asdfghjkl: Used in desperation when no other words will do. 


     But I am really bad at presenting and I was very nervous so probably no one understood what I was saying.   :/

     Are you a fangirl/fanboy and did you know all of these words?

No comments:

Post a Comment