5.30.2015

Book Review: I Am Number Four

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books--but we are real.
Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.
But they know.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.
I am Number Four.
I am next.

Rating: ★.5

     Okay, now let's be honest for a moment here. The book "I am Number Four" is so bad!!! I honestly was almost crying of frustration and also laughing because this book is ridiculous. I cringed so many times. It is probably one of the worst books I've ever read. I gave it 1.5 out of 5 stars. 
     Okay, now that I said that, I'm gonna tell you why I read this book. I watched the movie when it came out and I loved it, but I was just a 12 year old girl. After finishing this book I watched the movie again and it's actually way better than the book. It's not as good as I thought when I was younger, but it's definitely interesting. 
     Here is the problem. The book has an interesting idea. The idea that there are these kids that came from another planet, and they have numbers and powers is great. However, the book was so poorly written, that the idea was completely ruined! I don't like Four/John. Actually, I hate him. I don't like Sara either. She is so unrealistic. When Four told her the truth, she was so okay with it, it was stupid. She was like: Oh, it's fine. I love you and it doesn't matter what your are. Are you freaking kidding me? That is not how you react when you find out that your boyfriend is a freaking alien! Their romance was so stupid!!! There were tons of cliche lines and it made me want to kill myself. Every time they talked to each other, I was cringing. And the thing is, the book is in Four/John's POV. So we were reading about his feelings and thoughts about Sara ALL THE TIME! He was like: Oh, she left 10 minutes ago but I already miss her. It was so immature, and when I found out that he was 15 years old (younger than me), I got pretty mad. 
     There were a few characters that I liked tho. Henri is nice. I like him and I feel super bad for what happened to him. I actually cried. Bernie Kozar was really adorable. And Number Six is my favourite! The best parts were when she was talking. She's so badass and cool. And Theresa Palmer plays her in the movie and she's super awesome.                                                                                   Almost nothing happened through out the book! Besides the battle at the end, and when Henri was kidnapped, the whole book was extremely boring. The battle was complicated and confusing to read about. I may read the next book because I still have little hope that the next characters are better. It's not in John's POV so maybe it won't be as bad. But I didn't like the author's writing style. So maybe I won't.
    I know some people really like this book. I am just stating my opinion here. If you liked it, I would love to know what you liked about it. Comment down bellow! 

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment