4.14.2015

Book Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth

In Mary's world there are simple truths. 
   The Sisterhood always knows best. 
   The Guardians will protect and serve. 
   The Unconsecrated will never relent.
   And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. 
   But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.
   Now, she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?


Rating: ★★★.5

    I bought this book at the book sale for 2 dollars! And it is in very good condition! I remember hearing that they were going to make a book-to-movie adaptation of this book in like 2010 and I've just checked IMDB and it's still in development, so they probably just gave up on it. I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.
   The whole plot reminds me of that horror movie "The Village". I've never seen it, but my cousin has and she told me all about it. It is basically a society that lives in a village secured from the forest, and no one leaves, because there are monsters outside. At the beginning I thought it would a scary book, but it wasn't. I liked it. The plot line is very interesting (so is the world building) and I want to know more about it. I'll probably read the second book, "The Dead-Tossed Waves", very soon. I really liked Mary; I could relate to her, and I think that I would feel the same way that she feels for living this life. I like that she has a clear goal, to see the ocean and find out what happened to the rest of the world. I also liked Travis, he was really cute and all. Some parts of the book were boring (I don't think there is a LOT of action in this book), but it was good and I flew through the pages.
   Have you read this book? Did you like it? Tell me in the comments bellow!

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment