10.05.2014

September Wrap Up and October TBR!



  On my last TBR I said that I intended to read 3 books in September, but in the end I read 6 books! (The Maze Runner movie tie in edition isn't really in my Wrap Up because it isn't really a book but I wanted to take a picture of it :P).
  The books that I read in September are:

1- Jane and the Damned (4/5)
 I really liked this book! Check out my review here. 
 This book was in my September TBR so √

2- The Maze Runner (5/5)
 Check out my review on The Maze Runner here.  This was my favourite book of the month! 
This book was in my September TBR so √

3- Princesa Adormecida (4/5)
  This is a Brazilian book so you won't find this book in english. The translation of the title is basically "Sleeping princess". It's kind of a retelling of Sleeping Beauty but not exactly. It was a fast read and it's a very cute book!

4- Insurgent (3.5/5)
  I didn't like this book so much,  check out my review here to know why. 

5- Blind Love (4/5)
 I read it on my Iphone, it's a very good book by a new author called Rebecca May Spicer, and she is 16! Check out my review here to know more about this book!

6- The Silver Linings Playbook (2.5/5)
I didn't like this book at all. I didn't like the characters neither the story. The movie is better. Pat is just so obsessed with his ex wife Nikki, it's insane! That's the only thing he talks about the whole freaking book. His relationship with Tiffany wasn't really that good. I really disliked this book!

Now my October TBR!

Allegiant 
I'm almost done with this trilogy and I have Allegiant so I'm gonna start reading it as soon as I post this post. I'm excited to know what's gonna happen! I've been spoiled so that sucks but anyways...



The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature--and of herself--while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 




Gone Girl
I've heard a lot of good things about this book so I might just pick it up before I watch the movie.


 On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer? 

Love Rosie
 It was on my August TBR but I didn't read it! I wanna read it before I watch the movie, I know it has another title but I don't know if they changed or not. I heard something about it, I'm not sure...

Rosie and Alex are destined for one another, and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, their relationship gets closer by the day, until Alex gets the news that his family is leaving Dublin and moving to Boston. At 17, Rosie and Alex have just started to see each other in a more romantic light. Devastated, the two make plans for Rosie to apply to colleges in the U.S. 
She gets into Boston University, Alex gets into Harvard, and everything is falling into place, when on the eve of her departure, Rosie gets news that will change their lives forever: She's pregnant by a boy she'd gone out with while on the rebound from Alex. 
Her dreams for college, Alex, and a glamorous career dashed, Rosie stays in Dublin to become a single mother, while Alex pursues a medical career and a new love in Boston. But destiny is a funny thing, and in this novel, structured as a series of clever e-mails, letters, notes, and a trail of missed opportunities, Alex and Rosie find out that fate isn't done with them yet.

   Have you read any of these books? Do you have any recommendations? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment