11.08.2014

October Wrap Up and November TBR!


              I did not read a lot of books this past month for various reasons, but most importantly the fact that I had a lot of homework, essays and tests at school, and I made my own Halloween costume. What were you on Halloween? I was the Queen of Hearts! Me and my friends were dressed as a group, as Alice in Wonderland. It was so much fun! 

   1- Allegiant (3.5/5)
   Check out my review on Allegiant here
   This book was on my October TBR so √

   2- A menina que colecionava borboletas (I read it in portuguese; The girl that collected butterflies) (4/5)
    This book is by a Brazilian author called Bruna Vieira. I've read other books by her in the past and she is a very good author. Bruna's chronicles are my favourites! This book was only released in Brazil. I really liked it! <3

   3- The Scorch Trials (3/5)
   I did really like it but not more than I liked The Maze Runner. I felt like we got a lot of Thomas but not enough of the other Gladers. I don't like Brenda at all! I actually hate her! I am annoyed by what happened with Theresa, Aris and Thomas at the end. So I don't know if I trust her or not. In the beginning they said that the Scorch Trials would be harder than the Maze Trials, but I don't think it was. I hope that The Death Cure is better!

Now my November TBR!

The Reptile Room 

   I've already finished this book. I'll talk about it on my November Wrap Up.
Dear Reader, 
If you have picked up this book with the hope of finding a simple and cheery tale, I'm afraid you have picked up the wrong book altogether. The story may seem cheery at first, when the Baudelaire children spend time in the company of some interesting reptiles and a giddy uncle, but don't be fooled. If you know anything at all about the unlucky Baudelaire children, you already know that even pleasant events lead down the same road to misery. 
In fact, within the pages you now hold in your hands, the three siblings endure a car accident, a terrible odor, a deadly serpent, a long knife, a large brass reading lamp, and the appearance of a person they'd hoped never to see again. 
I am bound to record these tragic events, but you are free to put this book back on the shelf and seek something lighter. 
With all due respect, 
 Lemony Snicket

Mockingjay

   I'm rereading it before the movie! So excited!!!!

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans--except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.


The Wide Window

Dear Reader,

If you have not read anything about the Baudelaire orphans, then before you read even one more sentence, you should know this: Violet, Klaus, and Sunny are kindhearted and quick–witted, but their lives, I am sorry to say, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and this one may be the worst of them all.If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, a signalling device, hungry leeches, cold cucumber soup, a horrible villain, and a doll named Pretty Penny, then this book will probably fill you with despair.I will continue to record these tragic tales, for that is what I do. You, however, should decide for yourself whether you can possibly endure this miserable story.
With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket

 Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment