7.02.2015

June Wrap-Up and July TBR


   Because of the end of the school year, I had a lot of projects to finish and two provincials to study for. So I only read one book this past month and it was the book for my Book Club. Also, yesterday was Canada Day, so Go Canada!

1- The Night Circus (3/5)
 I wrote a review about The Night Circus and you can read it here. 
 This book was on my June TBR so √

Well, that's basically it. Now let's see my July TBR.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.
 I've just started reading this book and it's so good I know I'm gonna love it. 

 Dante can swim. Ari can't. Dante is articulate and self-assured. Ari has a hard time with words and suffers from self-doubt. Dante gets lost in poetry and art. Ari gets lost in thoughts of his older brother who is in prison. Dante is fair skinned. Ari's features are much darker. It seems that a boy like Dante, with his open and unique perspective on life, would be the last person to break down the walls that Ari has built around himself.

But against all odds, when Ari and Dante meet, they develop a special bond that will teach them the most important truths of their lives, and help define the people they want to be. But there are big hurdles in their way, and only by believing in each other―and the power of their friendship―can Ari and Dante emerge stronger on the other side.




The Selection

This is my Book Club pick for July and I am beyond excited to start reading this book. 

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.



That's it. I might read another book but I'll be traveling to Europe so I don't know if I'll have time. What books did you read this past month? And what books do you plan to read next? Comment bellow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment