8.06.2015

Book Review: The Selection

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not         compare to a future she never imagined.

Rating: ★★★★★

   I read this book for my Book Club and I loved it. I've been wanting to read it for a while now so I was really excited when this book was chosen. I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads. I traveled to Europe and I thought I would have time to read at least half of the book there, but I only read two chapters while I was on the plane. So when I came back I had 3 days to finish it before the Book Club meeting. But this book is such an easy fast-passed read that I only took two days to finish it because I was controlling myself, I could've read it in just one sitting. 
   I really like America. She is a good main character, I didn't get annoyed with her at all. I also love Aspen and Maxon. They are so cute!!! I unfortunately know who America is going to choose because I know who the last book is about is about so... Maxon is so sweet and Aspen really loves America. For me, this book is very similar to The Hunger Games. At least the characters are. America is Katniss, Maxon is Peeta, Aspen is Gale, May is Prim, Gavril is Caesar, Silvia is Effie, Celeste is Glimmer, and so on and so on. But I don't have a problem with that, I actually find it very entertaining.
   There was a time when I thought: "It's the whole Will and Jem thing all over again" (from The Infernal Devices), but then I changed my mind to Peeta and Gale. I don't know who I would choose if I was America (probably Maxon, but...). 
   I am really curious about the whole history of the US becoming Ilea. Sometimes they don't explain exactly what happened (like in THG) but they talked a bit about it in this book so I really wanna know more about it. 
   The author, Kiera Cass, is so sweet. I was watching her youtube videos when she got the contract for the book and it's so cute. I would love to meet her someday. The book will be turned into a movie!! I am so excited! 
   I recommend this book to everyone and tell me down below who would you choose, Aspen or Maxon?

                  

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment