11.12.2015

October Wrap-Up and November TBR

  
  I know I'm late and I know I haven't posted much. But NaNoWriMo is taking over my life! If you don't know what NaNoWriMo stands for, it is: National Novel Writing Month. Where people from all over the world try to write a novel of 50,000 words during the month of November. It is super stressful but also super fun, and I recommend all young writers (or any writer) to try it. 
   Anyways, last month I read three books in total. I am almost reaching my Goodreads Challenge of reading 45 books this year! Right now I have read 41! I am so close!!!

1- The House of Hades (4.5/5) 
   I loved this book! It is my second favourite book on The Heroes of Olympus series (the first is Mark of Athena). It was so stressful having Percy and Annabeth in Tartarus. But it was super interesting and I loved that Bob was there! We got to learn a lot about the other characters. And mostly Nico... I love Nico so much, he is one of my favourite characters! Anyways, I really liked this book! 
   This book was on my October TBR so √

2- The 5th Wave (4.5/5)
   Check my review of The 5th Wave by clicking here. 
   This book was on my October TBR so √

3- The Blood of Olympus (4/5)
   I have to say: I was extremely disappointed with that ending. I liked the book till the part where they started fighting in Athens. The fights were so quick and they were so easy! And that ending was awful! A terrible ending to such a good series! And also, the POVs sucked. I mean, we needed more Percy and Annabeth. And even more Hazel and Frank to be honest. I love Nico, but two POVs (for him and Reyna) were a bit two much, since they were basically doing the same thing. Jason Grace annoys me, just saying. We needed more PERCY! 

Here is my November TBR: 

The Demigod Diaries 
 I already read it and loved it! I'll talk about it more on a later post.


What dangers do runaway demigods Luke and Thalia face on their way to Camp Half-Blood? Are Percy and Annabeth up to the task of rescuing stolen goods from a fire-breathing giant who doesn't take kindly to intruders? How exactly are Leo, Piper, and Jason supposed to find a runaway table, dodge a band of party-loving Maenads (who just might be a little psychotic), and stave off a massive explosion...all in one hour or less? With his trademark wit and creativity, Rick Riordan answers these questions and more in three never-before-seen short stories that provide vital back-story to the Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson books. Original art, enlightening character interviews and profiles, puzzles, and a quiz add to the fun in this action-packed collection. 


The Diviners
I am currently reading it. It is so big!!! I don't like this cover tho, I prefer the other one. But this is the one that I have.


Do you believe there are ghosts and demons and Diviners among us? Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-tute-ly ecstatic. It's 1926, and New York is filled with speakeasies, Ziegfeld girls, and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is that she has to live with her uncle Will and his unhealthy obsession with the occult.
Evie worries he'll discover her darkest secret: a supernatural power that has only brought her trouble so far. But when the police find a murdered girl branded with a cryptic symbol and Will is called to the scene, Evie realizes her gift could help catch a serial killer.
As Evie jumps headlong into a dance with a murderer, other stories unfurl in the city that never sleeps. And unknown to all, something dark and evil has awakened...


Beanstalk
I'll be reading Beanstalk in ebook format for my Book Club. My friend really liked it. I'll tell you guys what I think of it when I finish it. You can get it for free here. 

Jack Farris doesn’t want to save the world, just every person he knows, encounters, or hears of.
It’s a bit of an issue.
S. Grey doesn’t want to save anyone but himself. He wants to know everything and majoring in sagework at the Academy is the best way to do that.
Laney Jones left her home to avoid the constraints there, only to find different barriers holding her back at the Academy. Eager to learn, to excel, to escape, she has far from given up.
Rupert Willington Jons Hammerfeld the Seventh would just like everything to be orderly, thank you very much, but it seems the only way to make monsters and myths (and malicious but mundane men) to stop rampaging through his world is to go out and do some hero-ing himself.
They are put together as an unwilling study group, but they become something more.



No comments:

Post a Comment