4.28.2017

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss



Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 


But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


Rating: ★★★★★

     Look who was apologizing for not posting much at the beginning of the month and now if finally posting something when April is almost over. It's a shame. 
     I have to apologize once again, not only for that but also because I read Anna and the French Kiss in February. And although I obviously remember what happened in the story and stuff, writing a review so late does affect the quality of it and is definitely different than if I had written it right after I finished reading the book. 
     But anyways, here we go!

     Since I have so many unread books on my shelves, I finally made a TBR jar. I ended up picking out the name of Anna and the French Kiss and was so excited because I've been wanting to read it for so long, I just never got around to doing so. The story follows a girl named Anna as she begins her senior year in a boarding school in Paris. There she makes friends and one of these friends is the charming Étienne St. Clair, with whom Anna quickly finds herself attracted to. The problem is that he has a girlfriend. As the school year goes by, we learn a lot about the characters and it's hard not getting attached to them.

     So what did I think of this book? I absolutely loved it. I was sure I would, since I've heard dozens of good reviews on it. And it's just up my alley! I love contemporary books, particularly romance ones. What can I say? I'm a romantic at heart. The plot flowed really well. I read it all in only two days! I couldn't put it down and might have stayed up till three am reading it... There are so many good things about it. Anna is such a relatable character! The book, written in first person, really allows us to connect with her on a deeper level. I truly think she is one of the most relatable characters I've ever read (but that obviously isn't true for everyone since we're all different from each other, this is just a person opinion). All the characters are so unique and they felt so real. I was afraid St. Clair would end up being this perfect dreamy guy, but he had flaws and was human like all of us. 

     The story was very entertaining throughout. The setting was awesome. Paris! I've been there before and could definitely relate to some of the things she was experiencing, but it was also cool to learn new things about the city through Anna's eyes. And the boarding school was really cool. I haven't read many books that take place in boarding schools, but every time I do I love it. They fascinate me and make me want to experience it myself (although I never will. But that's why it's good that I can read books and at least "live" in them for a bit).  

     The relationship with the characters, and their relationships with their own families was really nice to see. I loved how the romance between Anna and Étienne played out. Although, I have to admit that at times their obstacles were quite frustrating and repetitive. This is one of those books where you get all warm and fuzzy inside, and where you ship the characters so hard that you're almost begging them to kiss and be together from the first chapter. It's adorable.

     I'll definitely reread this book in the future and I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door! What about you guys? Have you read the book? What did you think of it? Comment down below!
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment