5.02.2015

Book Review: Fire

     It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to his throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.
     This is where Fire lives. With a wild, irresistible appearance and hair the color of flame, Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she had the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.
     Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City, The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom.
      If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.


Rating: ★★★★
     
     I read Graceling earlier last month and I loved it. The characters were great and the world building was incredible. I was kind of hesitant to read Fire because it has different characters, and I wasn't ready to let Katsa and Po go. But it says that one character from Graceling would be in Fire, so I was excited for that. Turns out the character that I hate the most was there, but we got a backstory for him, so I'm kinda glad for it. I really loved this book and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. 
     Just like in Graceling, the characters are also really good! I really like Fire, but the thing is, she reminds me a lot of Katsa. Maybe it's because of the writer's style, I don't know, but sometimes I had to remind myself that this was Fire and not Katsa. I love Brigan and every time he was away I was looking forward for the next scene with him. He is so nice and cute. I think I can say that I have a big crush on this fictional character :P. Hanna is adorable and she reminds me a bit of Bitterblue. At the beginning I really wanted Fire and Archer to be together, but then I changed my mind. But I also liked Archer, some parts of his personality made me angry but he was a good character. The plot line is pretty interesting and I hate the villains! 
     What I really really like about this book is that the writer actually mentions Fire being on her period. We never get to see that on books and it's really annoying because it's like the female characters don't get periods, which is obviously not true. I'm glad we get to see how Fire acts and what she thinks when she's on her period. Other writers should start writing scenes like that too!
     I love this book and this series and I definitely recommend it to all of you!

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment