8.15.2014

July Wrap Up and August TBR


     I know I am kind of late for this but this is my July Wrap up! I didn't read many books because I was traveling and I had little time to read. I read:
     
   City of Heavenly Fire (5/5)
   
   > I loved it! This book is just so perfect. Cassandra Clare never lets us down. With her incredible writing she fixed, completed and ended everything beautifully and my heart was racing during this entire reading. Her books always make me feel so happy and CoHF couldn't have surprised and satisfied me more. Thank you Cassie for creating this amazing world and letting us live in it. Such a good ending to an amazing series! I might post a review on it, I haven't had much time recently but maybe in the future.
    
   Revealed (I read it in portuguese; Revelada) (3.5/5)

   > It is not that bad, I love The House of Night series but the characters were pissing me off so much in this book. Zoey was so annoying, Stark was so annoying (and I usually love Stark like all the time), Aphrodite in my opinion did the wrong thing, I was so sad about Erin and Shaunee... I don't like Aurox even tho I love Heath. This book has so many bad reviews on Goodreads, I can't even... I didn't like it very much, it was annoying and it's basically the same thing since I don't know book 5? This is the 11th book! Is it over yet?
    
    Twisted (In portuguese; Traiçoeiras) (3.5/5)
   
   > Like The House of Night series, the Pretty Little Liars series is getting annoying. The last book (Wanted) was like THE BEST ending to this series! I was completely shocked and I loved that book. And then  I realized that it wasn't the last one... What? Seriously, after everything that the girls went through they couldn't be more stupid in this book. It was ridiculous. Hanna, are you THAT ingenuous? Spencer, don't you KNOW better? Emily, why did you keep your mouth shut? Didn't you learn anything in this past years? Aria, you have to do something! But something SMART please! I was so disappointed! This book was not necessary! At all! There was so much drama about what happened in Jamaica and it was just so obvious. I'll continue to read this series and I hope that the writer had something in mind when she continued writing the books after Wanted. Just saying...

  Have you guys read any of this books? What did you think of them? Comment bellow! 

 Now for my August TBR...

Obsidian 

So, I read this book in the beginning of this month but I'll only talk about it at my August Wrap Up! I wasn't planning on reading this book now but it was free on IBooks, so I got it. I was in a store waiting for my mom and I decided to read it (I'm not a big fan of ebooks) and I couldn't stop! It is so good! I definitely recommend it! 

   Starting over sucks.
   When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
   And then he opened his mouth.
   Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 
   The hot alien living next door marks me.
   You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
   If I don't kill him first, that is.


The Last Letter from your Lover

My friend gave me the book The Last Letter from your Lover, I am currently reading and I am not liking it very much, I hope it gets better until the end.

When journalist Ellie looks through her newspaper’s archives for a story, she doesn’t think she’ll find anything of interest. Instead she discovers a letter from 1960, written by a man asking his lover to leave her husband – and Ellie is caught up in the intrigue of a past love affair. Despite, or perhaps because of her own romantic entanglements with a married man.                                                                                                        In 1960, Jennifer wakes up in hospital after a car accident. She can’t remember anything – her husband, her friends, who she used to be. And then, when she returns home, she uncovers a hidden letter, and begins to remember the lover she was willing to risk everything for.                                          Ellie and Jennifer’s stories of passion, adultery and loss are wound together in this richly emotive novel – interspersed with real ‘last letters’.




The Giver

I want to read it before I watch the movie! I'm so excited! It looks so good!



Jonas' world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community. When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.










If I Stay

I also wanna read it before I watch the movie!


On a day that started like any other,

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, admiring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. In an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left. It is the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.





The Maze Runner

Before the movie...


"If you ain't scared, you ain't human." 

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.







Love, Rosie

So many book to movie adaptations!!!


Rosie and Alex are destined for one another, and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, their relationship gets closer by the day, until Alex gets the news that his family is leaving Dublin and moving to Boston. At 17, Rosie and Alex have just started to see each other in a more romantic light. Devastated, the two make plans for Rosie to apply to colleges in the U.S. 
She gets into Boston University, Alex gets into Harvard, and everything is falling into place, when on the eve of her departure, Rosie gets news that will change their lives forever: She's pregnant by a boy she'd gone out with while on the rebound from Alex. 
Her dreams for college, Alex, and a glamorous career dashed, Rosie stays in Dublin to become a single mother, while Alex pursues a medical career and a new love in Boston. But destiny is a funny thing, and in this novel, structured as a series of clever e-mails, letters, notes, and a trail of missed opportunities, Alex and Rosie find out that fate isn't done with them yet.


Lets see if I'll be able to read all of them! I hope so! 

Kisses ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment