9.02.2014

August Wrap Up & September TBR


   I read more books that I expected for this month of August! On my last TBR I said that I intended to read 6 books. And I did! I'm really glad that I did, it's not all the same books that I intended to read on my TBR but I'm fine with that. 
   The books that I read in August are:

 1- The Last Letter from your Lover (2.5/5) (I read it in Portuguese, A Última Carta de Amor) 
   
   I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads but I feel like giving it 2.5 stars. Check out my review here.
   This was on my August TBR so √

  2- Obsidian (5/5)

    This book is so freaking good! Oh my God! It's probably one of my favourites! Daemon Black gives me the feels! I wasn't bored or annoyed for a second! I loved it! And I'm so excited to read the next one!
   This was on my August TBR so √

  3- The Giver (3/5)

   If you think that my 3 stars for The Giver is not fair check out my review here to know why I gave it 3 stars. 
   This was on my August TBR so √

  4- If I Stay (5/5)

   I loved this book so much! That's why I gave it 5 stars! Check out my review here to know my thought on If I Stay. 
   This was on my August TBR so √

  5- Where She Went (4/5) 

   I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads but thinking about it now I think it's a 4 stars kind of book. Loved it. Don't have a review on it but I recommend if you have read If I Stay.

 6- Vampire Academy (4.5)

   I really liked this book just like I liked the movie. :) It's very good  and I'm very excited to read the next one!

   I don't usually read that many books in a month and I'm surprised and happy because I read that many books! I'm probably gonna read only two or three books this month because of school :(

  Now my TBR!


 Jane and the Damned

 I only bought this book because it was $2.00 and I liked the cover (and it's about vampires!). But I don't know if I want to read it! Apparently it is a series, I'm not sure. I started reading it yesterday and let's see how it goes...

Aspiring writer Jane Austen knows that respectable young ladies like herself are supposed to shun the Damned—the beautiful, fashionable, exquisitely seductive vampires who are all the rage in Georgian England in 1797. So when an innocent (she believes) flirtation results in her being turned—by an absolute cad of a bloodsucker—she acquiesces to her family’s wishes and departs for Bath to take the waters, the only known cure.

But what she encounters there is completely unexpected: perilous jealousies and further betrayals, a new friendship and a possible love. Yet all that must be put aside when the warring French invade unsuspecting Bath—and the streets run red with good English blood. Suddenly only the staunchly British Damned can defend the nation they love . . . with Jane Austen leading the charge at the battle’s forefront.


The Maze Runner 

   It was on my August TBR but I didn't read it. I wanna read the book before the movie!

"If you ain't scared, you ain't human." 

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

The Assassin's Curse

   I've heard a lot of good things about this book and this cover is gorgeous! And I also heard that this series will stop being published, something about the publisher or something. So I'm gonna buy it and try to read it as soon as possible! 

Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to another pirate clan. But that only prompts the scorned clan to send an assassin after her. When Ananna faces him down one night, armed with magic she doesn't really know how to use, she accidentally activates a curse binding them together. 

To break the spell, Ananna and the assassin must complete three impossible tasks--all while grappling with evil wizards, floating islands, haughty manticores, runaway nobility, strange magic...and the growing romantic tension between them.

  And that's it for my August Wrap Up and for my September TBR! Hope you guys enjoyed and I'll see you next time! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Somebody who liked If I Stay as much as I do :D

    ReplyDelete