2.19.2015

Book Review: The Assassin's Curse


   Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to another pirate clan. But that only prompts the scorned clan to send an assassin after her. When Ananna faces him down one night, armed with magic she doesn't really know how to use, she accidentally activates a curse binding them together. 

To break the spell, Ananna and the assassin must complete three impossible tasks--all while grappling with evil wizards, floating islands, haughty manticores, runaway nobility, strange magic...and the growing romantic tension between them.


Rating: ★★★.5


   I finally read this book!!! I tried so hard to find it online but I couldn't! I bought it in so many website just to have to cancel it afterwards b/c they didn't have it! So I finally gave up and bought an ebook version of it. I don't like ebooks at all, and I think that it influenced a bit on my overall review of the book. I had to remind myself so many times that this wasn't a fanfiction and yes an actual novel. I never read ebooks! This is like, my third ebook ever. But okay. So, I bought it and read it, and I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was a good book, I was expecting more of it because I've heard really good things about it. The characters had really strong personalities in my opinion, and the plot was very interesting. I was bored during some parts, mainly in the beginning. It wasn't a funny book, and I like when books make me laugh so that was a downside. Some scenes were so long and there were no need for them to be like that. I'm curious to see what's going to happen on the next book! I have The Pirate's Wish book because Barnes & Noble had it (but not the first one :/ ) and I absolutely love the covers of both of these books! They are gorgeous! 
   If you do not know, the publisher of these books closed, so that's why it was so hard to find a copy.
   This is just a small review because I don't want to write a spoilery review. I may write a review on The Pirate's Wish when I'm done reading it, but I am not sure...

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment