4.07.2015

March Wrap Up & April TBR


     I read so many books this past month I am so happy! During Spring Break I was basically eating the books. I was reading so fast and I finally got caught up on my goal. I intend to read 45 books this year, but on January I only read 1 book so I was really far away from my goal. But now I'm closer to it! I pretty much loved all the books that I read. I read 8 books! 8 books! It was a good month! :)

1- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (5/5)
   I love Diary of a Wimpy Kid. This book was so hilarious! I was laughing out loud most of the time. It took me a day to finish it, just like every book on this series. I'm happy I finally got to read it. I recommend this series to everyone, it doesn't matter how old you are, you'll love it anyways.
   This book was on my March TBR list so √

2- The Princess Diaries: Princess in Love (5/5)
   I absolutely love this series. The movie is like my favourite movie ever. I bought this book on a book sale that I volunteered at the beginning of the month. I love book sales, you can always find good books if you look for it. This year I bought 9 books and spent less than 15 dollars! I fangirled (that's not even a word) so much while reading this book! My OTP 
 This book was on my March TBR list so √

3- Winnie-the-Pooh (4/5)
   Yes, I know this is a kids book, but I found this beautiful edition at the book sale and I had to buy! It was only a dollar! I love it, but I miss Tiger because he is my favourite character. 
 This book was on my March TBR list so √

4- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (4/5)
   Check out my review of this Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children here.

5- eleanor & park (5/5)
   Check out my review of eleanor and park here.

6- The Cure for Dreaming (3/5)
   It was a good book. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It is interesting because of all the information about Women Suffrages. I didn't really like the photos in the book, they were kind of pointless. Henry is by far my favourite character. Olivia is okay too. I recommend this book if you like historical fiction, and if you are interested by the history of women's rights. 

7- A series of Unfortunate Events: The Miserable Mill (4/5)

   This is the book where the story is not in the movie. So I had no idea of what was going to happen. It was an okay story. Very frustrating if I may say so myself. But I guess the Baudelaire's stories will always be frustrating and unfortunate. I'm excited to read the next one!

8- The 100 (4/5)

   I am in love with the TV show! After I finished watching season 2 I ran to get my hands on this copy. I am sad that the story is not the same, but at the same time I am happy that it isn't. Because I think that the Tv show is so much better! On the book, Glass' story was my favourite! I almost skipped all the other's POV just to read hers. I'm sad that she isn't on the show. I haven't heard anyone talking about the books, just the show, so I am interested to read the rest of the story. 

Now for my April TBR!

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

    Bought this at the book sale. Already finished reading it. I may write a review on it later.


In Mary's world there are simple truths. 
   The Sisterhood always knows best. 
   The Guardians will protect and serve. 
   The Unconsecrated will never relent.
   And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. 
   But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.
   Now, she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?



Graceling 

I borrowed from my cousin and I am excited to read it! 


Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...






Fire

I'll probably read it after I finish Graceling. 

   It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to his throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.
   This is where Fire lives. With a wild, irresistible appearance and hair the color of flame, Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she had the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.
   Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City, The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom.
   If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.




After I finish reading these I'll probably read something else. I'm not sure which yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment