4.16.2015

Book Review: Graceling


Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...


Rating: ★★★★


   My cousin was like, the first reader in the family. Not that no one read, but she was the first fangirl, I guess. And she has a ton of books. During easter break, I went to her house and she told me she wanted to give me some books that she lost interest in and the she probably won't reread anymore. I though that she would give me like, 8 books. But it turned out that she gave me 47 books! Forty seven freaking books! And she lent me two books: Graceling and Fire. I decided to read Graceling first so that I could give it back to her soon. Graceling was already in my TBR. But I wouldn't read it at anytime soon if I hadn't borrowed it from her. I was so excited to read it because it sounded really good!
   I gave this book 4 stars on Goodreads. I really liked! It is a long book but it took me only a week to finish it because I couldn't stop reading! The world building is fascinating (but a bit complicated sometimes) and the Gracelings are captivating as well. I wish I was a Graceling! Gracelings are rare people that are born with an extreme skill. And Katsa's (the main character) happens to be the skill of killing. She is so badass and I love the fact that she can fight and kill anyone. Men are scared of her, even when she was a little girl. I felt bad for her because she was used by her uncle (the king) as a weapon. And I loved to see her character develop from the beginning of the book to the end. Po is probably my favourite character, or second, I don't know... I'm still not sure between him or Katsa. He is so sweet and funny and I love his Grace. It is really interesting and I understand why he doesn't like people to know it. Some other character are interesting as well. I adore Princess Bitterblue. She is so strong and I wish she had a Grace because I think she deserved one (and she really wanted it). She's really cute, smart and kind.
   I want to keep reading their stories!!! But I know that Fire, the second book, is not about them! When I was reading the book I kept thinking that it wouldn't have a happy ending. And I was a bit surprised because I was not expecting at all what really happened! This story is very engaging and I recommend it to all of you!

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment