10.14.2015

September Wrap-Up and October TBR



   Who is excited for Halloween? I definitely am! This is actually my third year celebrating it (b/c I moved to Canada from Brazil 2 years ago and we don't really celebrate it there). I'm not sure what my costume will be and this is actually stressing me out so much! Anyways, I know I am a bit late but here are the books I read during the month of September! 

1- The Son of Neptune (4/5)
   I liked this book better than The Lost Hero. Mostly because Percy was there! I was a bit sad because it's not written in first person so we don't really know what Percy is thinking. So the book wasn't as funny as the PJO series because we couldn't see what hilarious things Percy was probably thinking of. I liked the new characters, Hazel's story is pretty interesting. She is also really nice and it's weird to imagine that she is way younger than Percy. They don't act like they are different ages at all. Frank's story was a bit confusing and weird but I still like him better than Jason. Nico was there and omg I was so frustrated with him for not telling Percy anything! It was funny when they were in Vancouver, since I live so close to it, and I haven't read many books where the characters are in a place I recognize from experience. This book got me even more excited to continue the series!
   This book was on my September TBR so √

2- The Mark of Athena (4.5/5)

    Oh my gods!!! I loved this book so much! All the characters we got to know on the past two books in one place together?? It was so much fun to see then interact with each other and see the roman and greek camps connect! My favourite scene of all time is when Annabeth saw Percy. My fangirl heart couldn't handle it! I loved seeing them going on little quests here and there and how every time it was a different group. I so loved to see them in Rome and I am beyond excited to see them in Greece! That is like... Dream come true!!! Annabeth's quest was so intense and I felt so bad for her. But I liked that we got to see this side of her. It was a bit weird but I loved getting to see Percy and Annabeth dating. I mean, I'm just not used to it. I really wanted to see them at them beginning, their first dates and everything. So I was a bit sad that we skipped that phase. Also, they seem so mature now! Even though it hasn't been that long since the Last Olympian. And that ending!!! If you are wondering why I am not posting full reviews of the PJO and HoO books, it's because I am reading them in Portuguese and translating my thoughts of it for a review is a little bit confusing and I feel that won't be able to do a complete detailed review of the series. But if you really want me to, please tell me! 
   This book was on my September TBR so √

3- Seraphina (4/5)
   Check my review of Seraphina here.

Now for my October TBR

The House of Hades 
   Currently reading and loving it!

At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?

They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.




The 5th Wave 
   Finally going to read this! I am reading it in my Writing class so I don't know if we'll finish it this month. 


After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
 




❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment