1.24.2016

Book Review: Proxy

Knox was born into one of the City’s wealthiest families. A Patron, he has everything a boy could possibly want—the latest tech, the coolest clothes, and a Proxy to take all his punishments. When Knox breaks a vase, Syd is beaten. When Knox plays a practical joke, Syd is forced to haul rocks. And when Knox crashes a car, killing one of his friends, Syd is branded and sentenced to death.

Syd is a Proxy. His life is not his own.

Then again, neither is Knox’s. Knox and Syd have more in common than either would guess. So when Knox and Syd realize that the only way to beat the system is to save each other, they flee. Yet Knox’s father is no ordinary Patron, and Syd is no ordinary Proxy. The ensuing cross-country chase will uncover a secret society of rebels, test both boys’ resolve, and shine a blinding light onto a world of those who owe and those who pay. Some debts, it turns out, cannot be repaid.


Rating: ★★★.5

     Here I am! Back with another book review for you! You might remember my Black Friday Bookhaul where I bought a bunch of books, and one of them was Proxy, by Alex London. It sounded pretty cool and I really wanted to read it. I even chose it to read it for my Creative Writing class. I enjoyed this book. I was expecting a bit more (and I know I shouldn't do that, it always ruins books for me). My favourite thing was probably the characters. I love Syd. He is such a great character and I could really relate to him sometimes. I grew to like Knox. He had a great character development! The other characters were good as well, but these two were definitely my favourites. 
    The World-Building was pretty interesting as well. Rich people have Proxys, and Proxys get punished in their place. I've never heard any book like it before. I also don't thing I had ever heard of this book before picking it up. Which is a shame. You should all read this book, it's pretty cool. And it's an easy book to read too! It has a nice flow to it, and I could've finished it in one sitting (but I try not to do that). 
   The ending really surprised me. I didn't think the author would go for something like that. I personally wish it had been different (if you've read the book you know what I mean), but oh well... 
   I really want to pick up the second book now, but I have so many other books to read...  By the way, the second book is called Guardian. The cover design changed and that makes me so mad!!
   Comment bellow if you've read the book! I would love to know your opinion on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment