7.03.2016

June Wrap Up and July TBR




1- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (4/5)
     After I watched the new movie I really wanted to reread this classic. It's a really insane story but fun and entertaining all the same. I had forgotten how annoying Alice was though. Her constant curiosity fits her character but unfortunately doesn't make her a very likeable one. I do think everyone should read this book. I love how weird and wonderful it is. 
    This book was on my June TBR so √

2- The City of Ember (3.5/5)
      I remember really liking the movie as a child, and my cousin gave me this book a few months ago so I decided to read it since it wouldn't take me too long to finish it. It wasn't bad, I like the whole idea but I found the story boring at times. It is a middle grade book so that might be why it wasn't that interesting to me. The characters were okay. I really liked the setting and I'll probably read the sequel someday. 

3- The Selection (5/5)
     I have two reviews of The Selection if you wanna check them out. (#1) (#2)

4- The Elite (4/5)
     Check my review of The Elite here.

5- The One (4.5/5)
    Check my review of The One here.

JULY TBR

Remember
     I wanted to read a contemporary and since I really liked Eileen Cook's writing style in Year of Mistaken Discoveries I decided to give this one a try.

Harper is used to her family being hounded by protesters. Her father runs the company that trademarked the "Memtex" procedure to wipe away sad memories, and plenty of people think it shouldn't be legal. Then a new demonstrator crosses her path, Neil, who’s as persistent as he is hot. Not that Harper’s noticing, since she already has a boyfriend.

When Harper suffers a loss, she’s shocked her father won’t allow her to get the treatment, so she finds a way to get it without his approval. Soon afterward, she’s plagued with strange symptoms, including hallucinations of a woman who is somehow both a stranger, yet incredibly familiar. Harper begins to wonder if she is delusional, or if these are somehow memories.

Together with Neil, who insists he has his own reasons for needing answers about the real dangers of Memtex, Harper begins her search for the truth. What she finds could uproot all she’s ever believed about her life…


     I really don't have anything else planned. I will have to choose my next books soon because I'm gonna go on a trip and I'm planning on taking a few books and buying a few books there. I hope y'all are having a great summer! How many books are you planning on reading during this school break? I wanna read at least 10 books!

No comments:

Post a Comment