1.05.2017

December Wrap Up & January TBR



        Hi guys! Well, as you can see, I only read two books in December (even though I was planning to read four books), but that was because I was kinda busy during the break (aka binge watching Jane the Virgin, omg that show is a-m-a-z-i-n-g). But that's okay.

1- Prodigy (4.5/5)
         I really liked this book! It was my favourite of the trilogy. I was kinda iffy about Legend, but this book definitely picked up the pace and made me more into the world building, the characters, and the plot. Definitely recommend continuing with the series if you have read the first book.

This book was on my December TBR so √ 

2- Champion (4/5)
         Quite an interesting final book for a trilogy. Lots of stuff happened and after reading it I was finally certain that I really like Marie Lu's writing style. I wasn't sure at first, but now I can't wait to read her other books!

This book was on my December TBR so √ 

JANUARY TBR

Night
     Finally reading this book. Can't wait to be able to compare it to the other Holocaust book that I read in October. 



Night is Elie Wiesel's masterpiece, a candid, horrific, and deeply poignant autobiographical account of his survival as a teenager in the Nazi death camps. This new translation by Marion Wiesel, Elie's wife and frequent translator, presents this seminal memoir in the language and spirit truest to the author's original intent. And in a substantive new preface, Elie reflects on the enduring importance of Night and his lifelong, passionate dedication to ensuring that the world never forgets man's capacity for inhumanity to man.


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Original Screenplay
         I can't wait to finally read this! I loved the movie and I feel like reading the screenplay is going to be so interesting!






When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…




The Hammer of Thor
        After getting this book  signed by Rick Riordan himself, I can't wait much longer to finally read the second book on the Magnus Chase series!


Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high.

No comments:

Post a Comment