12.24.2014

Book Review: Murder On The Orient Express


Just after midnight, a snowdrift stopped the Orient Express in its tracks. The luxurious train was surprisingly full for the time of the year. But by the morning there was one passenger fewer. A passenger lay dead in his compartment, stabbed a dozen times, his door locked from the inside.



Rating: ★★.5








    A long time ago, my aunt gave me a box with 3 books by Agatha Christie. Before that, I had read 4.50 from Paddington and Curtain. I didn't like either of them, I am not saying that those are bad books, it is just that Mystery is not my favourite genre. I like mystery movies though. I like when I'm completely surprised at the end. Even tho all the evidences were pointing to that person, you can't see till it's all enlightened. I like to guess who I think is guilty. I chose to read Murder on the Orient Express (One of the books in the box) because I knew I would get books for Christmas so I didn't want to spend more money buying books now. So I picked it up after all this time, to read it. I found the ending very predictable. I was hoping to be surprised at end, and I was disappointed. I give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars. I don't have a lot to say about this book, just that for a while I was intrigued. The thing that kept me from stoping reading it was the fact that I wanted to know who the murderer was! If you are into this genre, I guess I recommend it. I've heard that people love this book and that it is one of the best books by Agatha Christie. One movie that I recommend is Prisoners. It is so freaking creepy, and tense, and mysterious! I love and hate it at the same time! And that ending was so... Unexpected!

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

   There are movie adaptations of this book if you wanna watch it. Here is the trailer for one of them: 

             

No comments:

Post a Comment