4.18.2016

March Wrap-Up and April TBR


     Last month I only read two books, so I'm happy that I read five this time! I didn't think I would read this many books. I went to California during Spring Break and most of March I had only read The Picture of Dorian Gray, but then I read the other books super fast! Keep reading to see what happened. 

1- The Picture of Dorian Gray (2/5)
   I don't really know what to say about this book. I've been wanting to read it for the longest time because I watched a movie where they mentioned Dorian Gray and I was intrigued. I finally picked the book in a book sale and decided to read it right away instead of putting it in my TBR pile. It's a relatively short book and I thought I would take around a week to finish it. I was wrong. This book was published in 1890, so it is definitely not an easy book to read. Things were different back then, and Oscar Wilde's writing style is very different from what I usually read. I don't usually like classics, mostly because of the writing style, and with this one it wasn't different. It's just that there's a lot of useless information and it was kinda boring at times. However, I am glad I finished the book. Overall I liked the story and the ending. 
     This book was in my March TBR so √

2- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender (5/5)
     You can check my review by clicking here.

3- The Austere Academy (4/5)
     I got this book at the Last Bookstore in Los Angeles, and it's such a pretty bookstore I loved it! I loved this book, and this series is so good I think everyone should read it. And fun fact, my name is Isadora and there's a character in this book called Isadora! It's the first time I've ever seen my name in a book and it's so cool and weird! The character was pretty nice and her brother's name was Duncan, which is pretty weird, you know, because of the famous ballerina called Isadora Duncan?! Anyways, this was a great book and I love (and hate) how the Baudelaires aways end up in such terrible places and Count Olaf always finds them and no one ever believes the siblings are telling the truth! It's crazy! I read this book in two days. 

4- The Ersatz Elevator (4/5)
     I really liked this book! It's definitely one of my favourites in the series. I loved their guardians, more like their characters than their personalities, and it wasn't what I was expecting at all! The story was frustrating but good. As always, I definitely recommend this series and I can't wait to see what will happen to the Baudelaire orphans in the next book.

5- Quidditch Through the Ages (3/5)
    For some reason I was expecting more... It was an okay read and it was nice to know more about Quidditch. I'm glad I finally read it.


April TBR 

Through the Woods

     I read this at my friends house in less than an hour. I'll let you know what I thought of it in my April Wrap-Up at the end of the month!


'It came from the woods. Most strange things do.'

Five mysterious, spine-tingling stories follow journeys into (and out of?) the eerie abyss.

These chilling tales spring from the macabre imagination of acclaimed and award-winning comic creator Emily Carroll.

Come take a walk in the woods and see what awaits you there...

Illuminae
     This book looks so cool!!

This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do.

This afternoon, her planet was invaded.

The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit.


But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again.


Shatter Me 
     I love this cover and I'll finally get the chance to read this book!

I have a curse
I have a gift
I am a monster
I'm more than human
My touch is lethal
My touch is power
I am their weapon
I will fight back
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

Unravel Me 
     I'll try to finish this book by the end of the month too.

tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.                                                                                                         She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.                                                                                Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.
Unite Me

     It's a small book so hopefully I'll get to finish that as well.

Destroy Me tells the events between Shatter Me and Unravel Mefrom Warner’s point of view. Even though Juliette shot him in order to escape, Warner can’t stop thinking about her—and he’ll do anything to get her back. But when the Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment arrives, he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner cannot allow.

Fracture Me is told from Adam’s perspective and bridges the gap between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. As the Omega Point rebels prepare to fight the Sector 45 soldiers, Adam's more focused on the safety of Juliette, Kenji, and his brother. The Reestablishment will do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam cares about.


Hopefully I'll get to read all these books! Sorry I haven't been active, it's just that the blog is not my priority at the moment. But I'll try my best to post more!


No comments:

Post a Comment