5.03.2016

April Wrap-Up and May TBR




I read a lot of books last month and I'm super proud of myself! I know it's not that big of a difference from March, but there wasn't a break in April so I was busier. Anyways, 6 books was pretty good and according to Goodreads I am 3 books ahead of schedule! Which is great! 

1- Through The Woods (2/5)
     Honestly I was expecting so much more! I've heard a lot of people really liked it, and I was at a friends house so I began to read it. (It was pretty quick so it's not like I read it the whole time we were there). The author was trying too hard to write scary stories and she was not succeeding. The illustrations are pretty good, and that's probably why I gave it 2 stars instead of just 1. Some of them were intriguing at the beginning, and they had the potential to be good, but at the end they weren't. But that's just my opinion, two of my friends read it and really liked it. 
     This book was in my April TBR so √

2- Illuminae (4/5)
     I loved the whole design of the book. So cool! And it was pretty entertaining to read. It was a bit confusing at times but overall it was good. It wasn't good enough to get 5 stars but it was a 4 stars good. The characters were okay although I wanted more scenes with them, like... I don't know how to explain... Because of the way that the book was written the characters felt kinda distant. I'm definitely going to read the next one though!
     This book was in my April TBR so √

3- Shatter Me (4/5)
Click on the link to read my Shatter Me Trilogy review.
     This book was in my April TBR so √

4- Unravel Me (5/5)
Click on the link to read my Shatter Me Trilogy review.
     This book was in my April TBR so √

5- Ignite Me (5/5)
Click on the link to read my Shatter Me Trilogy review.

6- Unite Me (4/5)
Click on the link to read my Shatter Me Trilogy review.
     This book was in my April TBR so √


MAY TBR

Stardust
This is my book club book of the month. I'm a bit concerned since I didn't like "Neverwhere" (also by Neil Gaiman), but fingers crossed!

Catch a fallen star...

Tristan Thorn promised to bring back a fallen star. So he sets out on a journey to fulfill the request of his beloved, the hauntingly beautiful Victoria Forester - and stumbles into the enchanted realm that lies beyond the wall of his English country town.








Me Before You
Even though I didn't really like "The Last Letter from Your Lover" (also by Jojo Moyes), I wanna read this one because I saw the movie trailer and it looks super cute so I wanna read it before I watch it!

 Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.
 



I'm planning on reading these two and I'm definitely going to read more, but I haven't decided which one yet. See you on my next post! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment