5.02.2016

The Shatter Me Series Review

    
 Last month I read the whole Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi and I loved it! The characters can be really annoying at times but their character developments are amazing. So many dynamical characters! It took a turn that I was not expecting at all and I loved it. I went into it just knowing that there was a girl who could kill someone just by touching them, and there was so much more than that! The ending of the series was a bit rushed tho, I want more!! The writing style is something that I've never seen before, at first I thought I wouldn't like it but I began to find it quite interesting and somehow relatable. Juliette spoke in such a believable way that I didn't think that her feelings were unrealistic at all. In this review I'll talk about each book so if you haven't read the books yet stop reading this post or else you'll be spoiled. 

Spoilers below!



Shatter Me

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


     First of all this cover is gorgeous. Thank God they decided to change the original one because that one was awful. Well, this book gave me a lot of feels. It's weird to remember what I felt about it and the characters now that I've finished the whole series. I hated Warner in this book, and I loved Adam. I couldn't understand how this would become a love triangle since for me Warner was a despicable human being. But that's because he gave us no reason to think otherwise. Juliette was really whiny and stuff but it was totally understandable, considering how her life had been till that point, and also considering her current situation. I felt so bad for her, but I thought her backstory was really interesting and the whole psychiatric ward was insane! I literally fell in love with Adam in this book. He was so sweet and he really cared about Juliette. In my mind he was boyfriend material. I think there were more sexy make out scenes than necessary, but I liked them. Also, James is really adorable and I couldn't believe that Warner could touch Juliette! Honestly one of the first things that went through my mind was that he and Adam were brothers. 

Destroy Me


Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.


Thank God I read Destroy Me before reading Unravel Me. I got the Unite Me book so that was good. I definitely recommend reading this novella after reading Shatter Me. This book redeemed Warner a bit for me. Since it showed that there was a reason why he shot that guy and I saw that he was actually a human being with a really messed up father. He was still too obsessed with Juliette, which was kinda weird. But there were even some funny lines which was really surprising. 

Unravel Me


tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

This book was really good. I was worried Juliette and Adam's relationship was going to stay too stable and romantic throughout the whole book (even though I wanted them to be together) and omg I was completely wrong. So much stuff happened! They weren't together and there was a good reason for it! There were so many fangirling jaw dropping moments! We also got to see a lot more of Warner and I started to like him more than Adam which I was kinda concerned about. But I could see how Juliette was divided between the two. I got a new respect for Kenji in this book, he is really funny but he's also serious when he needs to be. The whole monologue where he lectured Juliette about her not being the only one with a shitty life was pure gold. That seriously has become one of my favourite monologues of all time. Juliette was still annoying in this book but I guess less annoying than in Shatter Me. Adam was okay... I don't know how I feel about Castle tho... The fight at the end felt a bit rushed but I couldn't believe that Anderson shot Juliette in front of Warner just because he cared about her! What a terrible father! That sexy scene between Warner and Juliette was awesome though. I was so mad at her when she started to say mean things to him! Although I kinda understand that she felt guilt about "cheating" on Adam even though they weren't together anymore. 

Fracture Me

As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.

On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.

This novella changed my whole mind about Adam. He was so mad all the time and I realized how little he thought of Juliette, I mean, how fragile he saw her. At the beginning I was so mad (even though I agreed with him just a tiny bit) when he was talking about how they shouldn't have taken her to the battle (I agree because she did get kidnapped). He was jealous and just annoying in general. It didn't make me hate him, but I started to see him with different eyes. 

Ignite Me


With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.



All the Warner and Juliette tension was killing me! This book definitely made me love Warner. He is so sweet and misunderstood! I don't want to say that I hate Adam after reading this book but I kinda do. I mean, I understand that he is upset with the fact that Juliette left him (since he loved her and all) and that she fell in love with Warner (who tried to kill him), but still. He didn't have to be so mean and annoying all the time. Every time Adam was in the room they would argue about the same damn thing! When he said he was happier when he thought she was dead... That was low. He wanted her to be the same girl that he met at school, but she couldn't be that girl anymore. She had to grow up and become more powerful, her own person. Only after I noticed that there were no crossed lines in this book, like Juliette was finally brave enough to mean what she said. I loved when James and Warner talked, I'm so glad they are siblings! Warner was really cute and I'm glad he and Juliette got together and that he started to make friends with the others. Kenji was definitely one of my favourites! He was so funny and his relationship with Juliette was the best. I want him to be my best friend! The ending and the whole killing Anderson things was a bit rushed and I wish we got to see more, but this was a good book. I really enjoyed this series and I definitely recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment