6.29.2016

Book and Movie Review: Me Before You

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Rating: ★★★★★

    I watched the movie adaptation of Me Before You and I feel like I'm finally able to review it! At first I was a bit iffy about it because I read The Last Letter From Your Lover (I reviewed it as well), and it is by the same author, Jojo Moyes. I didn't really like it so when I found out that she wrote Me Before You I didn't know if I wanted to read it. However, I started to hear a lot about it and I finally saw the movie trailer. It looked so cute and so good! And there are so many good actors that I know from other movies/shows and it made me really excited. I finally decided to read it and I loved it. It wasn't what I was expecting it to be, even though I watched the trailer. I thought it would be about the romance between Lou and Will but it really wasn't! There was a lot of cute moments and romance in it but it didn't take over the book. It was funny and sad and it really made me think about life and stuff. 
     I really liked the characters, particularly Lou. She is funny and nice and super relatable. Her style is also pretty cool. I also really liked Will, Nathan, and Treena. I was cheering for Louisa the whole time and I really liked how determined and caring she was. I'm not going to talk about the ending because I don't want to spoil anyone but I just really liked this book. I love contemporaries so I'm not surprised I did.

    I really enjoyed the movie! It was way more fast paced than the book and there were some scenes in the book that I wish were in it but overall it was pretty good. Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke are great and they are the perfect Will and Lou! I honestly don't know how else to review this movie but just to tell you that you should watch it because it's great. I wish we had gotten to see more of Lou's relationship with her family tho... Anyways, I love Lou's outfits and I want the dress that she wore at the wedding because it's gorgeous. 

     Well this is my review, I need to go back to my habit of reviewing books right after I finish reading them because then I remember everything and can write a more passionate review. I'll try to do that. I know that there is a Me Before You sequel called After You but I'm not sure if I want to read it or not...  Anyways, hopefully I'll post another review soon, until then byee :)

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment