12.02.2016

November Wrap Up and December TBR


1- Nation (4/5)
         This was my Book Club book of the month for November. At first I thought it was very slow paced and kinda boring, but it got better and better and by the end I thought it was very entertaining. I really liked Terry Pratchett's writing style and the characters and the story that he created were truly awesome.
        This book was in my November TBR so √

2- Of Mice and Men (3/5)
         At school my English class read 1984 for our novel unit, but some of the other English classes read Of Mice and Men. Some of my friends had really liked it and when I saw that the book was super short I thought "Why not?" and then I read it to see what all the fuss was about. I definitely thought it was entertaining and well written, but it didn't spark much emotion in me so then I didn't really love it or anything. It's okay, but I don't think I would ever read it again. 

                           3- Legend (4/5)
         This is my book club's pick for December. Although it did remind me a lot of other dystopian novels that I have already read, I think that the plot was well done and the characters were quite interesting. I personally thought that Marie Lu's writing style was quite similar to my own, so it was kinda weird to read it. The romance in it felt a bit too instant for me, but I just started reading Prodigy and I can see that things are taking a different turn than the first book. 


DECEMBER TBR

Prodigy
       
    After reading Legend I can't wait to read the rest of the series!


Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?


Champion


June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. 

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.
 


Night

     This is a non fiction book about a Holocaust survivor. I read one last month, and this other one was recommended by my History teacher and apparently it is way better than the one that I read, so I am excited to read it. 


Night is Elie Wiesel's masterpiece, a candid, horrific, and deeply poignant autobiographical account of his survival as a teenager in the Nazi death camps. This new translation by Marion Wiesel, Elie's wife and frequent translator, presents this seminal memoir in the language and spirit truest to the author's original intent. And in a substantive new preface, Elie reflects on the enduring importance of Night and his lifelong, passionate dedication to ensuring that the world never forgets man's capacity for inhumanity to man.


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay

         After watching the movie I just had to buy this!


When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…


No comments:

Post a Comment